Advanced Media Management
Enhanced learning for women by women
Studies find that women-owned and run organisations have an edge when it comes to innovation, and that women’s organisational participation leads to better business decisions. This kind of innovation is needed now more than ever before, especially in the media industry, as newsrooms continue to be dominated by men with women still underrepresented in management. Join the fraycollege Advanced Media Management Course, and learn from women who have taken their space as leaders in the media industry.
The Advanced Media Management Course includes modules on Strategic Leadership, Digital Marketing, Innovation, New Business Models and Managing People in a Hybrid World with case studies from women in media across the globe.
6 weeks online eLearning
In line with its commitment to supporting excellence in media management, fraycollege has launched an Advanced Media Management Course aimed at developing leadership at media organisations across the globe.
The development of the Advanced Media Management Course was supported by the F&PM SETA. It boasts real-time learning experiences from facilitators who are experts in their respective fields.
The modules include:
- Strategy, facilitated by fraycollege CEO Paula Fray
- Digital Marketing, facilitated by experienced Marketing Specialist Claire du Preez
- Innovation, facilitated by award-winning Organisation Development and Innovation Specialist Sarah Owusu
- New Media Revenue Models, facilitated by media consultant and trainer in Digital Journalism Nini Cabaero
- Managing the Modern Workplace, facilitated by fraycollege CEO Paula Fray
Each module is complemented with case study interviews with female media leaders to amplify women leadership in the media sector. These leading women are: Chief Executive Officer of The New Humanitarian, Heba Aly, Head of Aspace Studio, Jerusha Raath, Bloomberg’s West Africa Bureau Chief Yinka Ibukun, Director of Prout, an LGBTQIA+ support platform; and Qurrent, Cally Cheung and Nwabisa Makunga, a South African journalist and Editor of The Sowetan.
- Understanding the role of strategy in internal and external communication
- Identifying your company’s strategic requirements
- Putting together a communications strategy
- Communicating digitally to connect with internal and external stakeholders
- Promoting organisational and team effectiveness through digital marketing practices
- Important innovative communication skills for a professional setting
- Motivating others through innovation and new revenue models
- Communication tactics for deepening relationships in the modern workplace
- Communicating to innovate, find new streams of revenue and work in a hybrid world
- Developing team and organisational culture
Greenacres Office Park,
+27(11) 888 0140
frayintermedia is a partner media organisation to fraycollege which helps businesses and organisations to thrive in the media space. Find out more.